The Complete Stay at Work Guide for Employers
More and more employers are coming to realize the huge advantages of a stay at work program. A stay at work program is a proactive way for employers to help injured or sick employees return to work as soon as possible in order to minimize the effects on production and sales.
These programs, mainly promoted by the government and federal associations, are based on the modern philosophy that work is good for the body. In other words, injured workers can perform their daily activities in a safe environment. Returning to work is thereby seen as a part of the recovery process.
“Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” — Goethe
Benefits of a Return to Work Program
One of these programs is an essential factor in successfully dealing with worker’s compensation plan. If an employee is seriously injured, he or she can take advantage of the vocational rehabilitation services offered by the Integrated Group. This may include planning, vocational assessment and counseling, skill development and knowledge.
When it comes to leveraging the benefits of a complete stay at work guide for employers, we should note both the benefits to the employer and to the employee.
1. Benefits to the Employer
– Save indemnity expenses in disability payments.
– Reduce the likelihood of fraudulent claims.
– Save money: you won’t have to hire and train other employees as replacements.
– Get some production for the wages paid: even though your injured employees might not work at full capacity, they will certainly be able to accomplish a few goals here and there.
– May speed up the healing process, thus saving on medical expenses for your company.
2. Benefits to the Employee
– Increase their self-esteem, allowing them to have confidence in their skills.
– Contribute to a faster recovery.
– Reduce the financial impact of not being able to work.
– Allows employees to maintain social contact with their work colleagues, which in turn encourages a faster recovery and more stable relationships with friends and fellow employees.
The Bottom Line
A stay at work program is definitely a win-win situation, with both the employer and the employee being able to take advantage of the benefits offered. While the employer wins by retaining the value of his workforce while minimizing workers’ compensation costs, the employee is able to return to work and avoid the negative effects and consequences of a long-term absence.
At Integrated Group, we strive to deliver the best results in a cost-effective way, allowing you to capitalize on the right fleet and material management for your company. You can rest assured that your company is in good hands and your employees can work in a safe environment.