Notice for Guardian brand Halo and Edge cable SRLs
This is an inspection notification courtesy of Guardian Fall Protection. If you use these products, please read and follow the instructions below.
This notice applies only to the Guardian SRL part #s listed herein, and only for products manufactured from January 1st, 2015 through March 2017. A small number of these units have shown an increased potential for cable fraying at the swage and/or cable bird-caging. If these conditions are present, Guardian will repair affected units at no charge. This notice does not apply to new/unused units.
There have been no accidents or injuries related to this condition.
This is not a product recall.
Part numbers affected:
This notice is limited to the following Guardian SRL part #s:
• #10910 (20’ 3/16” Galvanized Cable SRL)
• #10912 (25‘ 3/16“ Galvanized Cable SRL)
• #10915 (30’ 3/16” Galvanized Cable SRL)
• #10920 (20’ 3/16” Galvanized Cable SRL-LE)
• #10922 (25’ 3/16” Galvanized Cable SRL-LE)
• #10925 (30’ 3/16” Galvanized Cable SRL-LE)
• Any custom part (length: 30’ or less) that uses an Edge or Halo Cable SRL as its base model.
This notice does not apply to any SRL manufactured by Guardian subsidiaries, including Norguard Industries.
How to identify affected SRLs:
Identify the SRL part # and date of manufacture, which is located on the back SRL label. If the SRL part # is included in this notice, and if the date of manufacture is from January 1st, 2015 through March 2017, immediately remove the product from service and inspect as specified by this notice.